Today's random post.

Last month I was the employee (out of five of us total) took the most phone calls last month. I took 1025 calls in the month of November. C.O., who is on the other call team (and they think they're super busy because of a certain fund they have) had a little over 500. It's no wonder I feel like I'm going crazy! C.O. made the point that he was gone four days, to which I replied, so you would have had to answer 125 more calls per day you were gone to catch up to me. He didn't have anything to say. HA, in your face B Team! Well, not really, because I don't want so many calls.

Tomorrow MFG and I are going furniture shopping in the morning! So far, I've found a new kitchen table that I want. Unfortunately, while we have a formal living room, we do not have a formal dining room. Also, our table, which I love, only seats four. So here's my non-formal solution:



The best part is it's solid wood and it's $719! What a steal. We'll see if MFG goes for it.

We are having our LCD (a whole 52") mounted and having the wiring run for our new surrond sound system that MFG dropped a pretty penny on. So, we're looking for a console to go under the TV to "ground" it. Here's what I've found so far:


$399


(Just the console) $399 as well!

In our family room we have a "cubby" next to the fireplace where the TV is "supposed" to go. We don't like that set up, and it won't work with our TV. See said cubby below in green:



So this is what I was thinkign we could put there, since our TV will be on the wall to the right of that.

The one on the left is $77 on the right is $59. Not bad huh? I can't choose. Suggestions?

This is what I'd like to put above the fire place:



We are also getting a new couch, preferably a sectional and leather, but we'll see. I'm a little weary of what the dogs claws can do to that! I am opting for a red couch, to give our family room a burst of color since the rest of the room will be very neutral.

What do you think of the items I have picked out?

2 comments:

Unknown December 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

Have you considered wall color as well? Talk about a splash of color... the right shade can make a room look a THOUSAND times more exciting.

The dark wood table is gorgeous!

Kristen December 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

You're SO right! We were actually thinking about painting one wall red. I love red and thought maybe a dark red, not maroon or burgundy, but real red would be warm and inviting. I want a warm living room, but we'll see. I will post pictures of what we actually got today.