Have you been to the Denver International Airport?

If you have, within the last year, you've probably seen this guy.

How horrendous is he? It's a blue mustang with glowing red eyes. I know it's hard to tell in this picture, but at night, there's no mistaking those devilish eyes.

If you click on the picture it's linked to the story regarding the issue surrounding this ugly thing.

That ugly statue has only been there since February of 2008, and I haven't come across one person that likes that thing. I personally hate it and don't want to look at it when I drive by. Those driving to and leaving the airport are forced to see this thing. It's like the devil wishing you safe and happy travels. It just doesn't work.

The bummer of it all is:

Trapp said any petition to move the sculpture would not be considered until 2013, a city policy designed to give people a chance to get used to new public art. "People's relationships with art change over time. It's something you have to live with before you really appreciate it," Trapp said.

Public art, my ass. I mean, this devilish thing with glowing red eyes, even killed it's artist!
In 2006, Jimenez was killed when a section of the unfinished horse fell from a hoist at his Hondo, New Mexico, studio. Jimenez's sons, Adan and Orion, completed the sculpture, which was installed Feb. 11, 2008.
You have my vote to get rid of it. If that can't be done, just move it to where those who don't want to look at it, don't have to.

2 comments:

Sandi February 9, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

I can't believe it actually killed the artist. That says it all right there. Doesn't that seem and look a little Stephen Kingish? Freaks me out!

Kristen February 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

It is one creepy horse. Most people don't like it and I'm with them. It's unwelcoming and a bit unnerving when you see a giant blue horse with glowing red eyes. Yes, I'm ready for my flight now.