St. Paddy's Day

Guh, I hate looking at Facebook status updates because there are too many people saying "Happy St. Patty's Day" or "St. Patties Day."

Patrick = Paddy.
Patricia = Patty.

And patties is like hamburger patties, not a possessive for a person!

I know it's retarded and that I have my fair share of typos and run on sentences, but there, they're and their are different. Its and it's are different. Fare and fair are different! To, two, and too are different. Pay attention people! Most of you only speak one language and you're lucky that in the English language nouns aren't feminine or masculine!!!

1 comments:

Kristan March 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

LOL I actually didn't know the Paddy/Patty rule but it makes sense (I never use either so it's okay).

Bare/bear get mixed up a lot and it frustrates me....