Steamboat Springs

Last weekend G, K, J and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday relaxing in Steamboat Springs, CO.

That city is so amazingly beautiful and quaint. The sky is super blue, the air is clean, and there are too many Aspen trees to count.

We lucked out and got to stay at The Highmark. We were quite happy with the thought of staying in a two bedroom, two bathroom unit, but when we arrived, we were pleasant suprised with a four bedroom, three and a half bathroom suite. Wow. I think my jaw hit the floor.

What did we do there?

We had a phenominal dinner at Cafe Diva. J picked out some great wine, as usual.

We explored. We took the gondola up the mountain and hiked around a while. If you watch the slide show, you'll see a picture where I'm laughing and dusting off my butt. I fell down the hill. Haha.

We ate. I really liked Beau Jo's Pizza. They give you honey to dip your crust in at the end. YUM.

We spent an evening at Strawberry Park Hot Springs, which I might add is clothing optional after dark and we certainly went after dark. We sat in the nice hot water, watched shooting stars, and watched the moon come up.

I think we all enjoyed our visit so much, we're trying to plan a trip back for my birthday in January. I would really, really enjoy that and I have my fingers crossed. It's hard getting a commitment for something like that so far in advance, but whent he room rate is $1600 a night during ski season, they want a deposit to hold your reservation.

I can't wait to go back.





0 comments: