Gran Torino.

The bf and I went and saw Gran Torino last night (after painting an accent wall in our family room!).

I thought the movie was fantastic. In fact, it may be my favorite movie of the year. Last year it was, P.S. I Love You, which most people hated. I assure you though, this is a great movie.

Not only does it have a great story line, but Clint Eastwood's character builds through the movie, and it's not your typical "happy ending" movie. It doesn't end the way you think it would, not to mention, did anyone realize what this movie was actually about based on the preview?

I sure didn't and I was pleasantly surprised.

Clint Eastwood's character is an untouchable man. But through the movie he meets people that touch him. You see him change from a hardened, angry man to a person who no longer only thinks of himself.

I can't say too much of course without giving it away, but I will say that the movie is intense, humorous, a picture of the world we really do live in today, and lastly, sad.

I also might add - if you're easily offended by words like "chink," "goon," etc... skip this movie. It's used in good humor, and I found it fitting to Eastwood's character, but some may disagree.

I think my favorite line may have been, "Hey Dragon Lady, get me a beer."

1 comments:

Unknown January 16, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

I expect Clint Eastwood to be featured in films, even on his deathbed.

And he'll always have a glock strapped to his waist.

Or some other weapon of Clint Eastwood caliber.