Hawaii

Once again, unrelated to our move, but related in a way... (since this will be a nice hiatus prior to the BIG move), G and I will be on our adventure in Flight World tomorrow on our way to Kauai, Hawaii.

I am beyond stoked.

On Sunday my dad has booked a helicopter tour of the island for us, my brother, and his girlfriend, K.... so that we can decide where we'd like to go on the island.

All I know for sure is that I want to do some beaching, kayaking, sunbathing, snorkeling, swimming, hiking, sunset and sunrise watching, exploring, shopping, and maybe (if anyone else is up for it or I will do it by myself!) zip lining.

http://www.trykauai.com/Kauai_Ziplines.htm

If you scroll down on that link I want to do the:

ZIP LINE TREE TOP TOUR A true ‘treetop’ zip tour! Enjoy 6 zip line runs, a 70 foot high swinging suspension bridge, a 60 foot high rope bridge crossing, and 7 aerial platform transfers as you soar through the canopy of Kauai’s silent giants. Glide 60 – 80 feet above the ground in 200 foot tall Norfolk Pine trees. Explore and experience the ride of a lifetime. Once you are up in the trees you stay in the trees! Fly through the forest over pine, mango, eucalyptus, bamboo, and native plant and bird life. Mountain views are outstanding! Ecology narratives included. This thrilling and impressive tree top tour is sure to be etched in your memory forever.
Approximately 3 hours. Ages 9 & up. 70 – 275 lbs. $119.79 per person. (Tax Included) Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am, 8:15 am, 8:45 am, 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm. Sunday: 8:15 am

or

CLIMB, ZIP, ECO-CHALLENGE Kauai’s most unique and thrilling Eco-challenge tour for the true adrenaline junkies. Soar on Pueo’s path: 2 amazing zip line runs, Scale a 60 foot rock climbing wall, venture through the treetops on the Burma Bridge, Log Crossing & Jungle Vines Traverse and end your adventure with the ‘Leap of Faith’ off a towering platform. All this while enjoying the beauty and magic of the forest and mountain scenery around you. If you love heart-pounding adventure this tour is for you.
Approximately 3 hours. Ages 9 & up. 70 – 275 lbs. $119.79 per person. (Tax Included) Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am, 8:15 am, 8:45 am, 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm. Sunday: 8:15 am

I'm really torn between the two. There's also one where to kayak 60-90 mins, hike about two miles, BBQ and have lunch, swim and jump off lava formations, and the zip line down a couple zip lines. That's on the pricey side of $175 per person plus some crazy ass 4% tax.

I guess we'll see what we can afford.

Either way, this will be an amazing trip. Not only do I get to go to a beautiful, tropical island, but I get to spend the week with my family (G included).

I'm SO excited.

Lastly - I'm hoping we have some sort of Internet at the condo. G and I will both be bringing our MacBooks... so hopefully I will be able to update. :) If not there, it will all be blogged about later after we get back!

0 comments: