Refreshing...

A friend posted a blog today, that mentioned myself and G. It was refreshing to read... and it gave me a perspective on my life that I don't usually recognize. Sometimes you just need someone else to point out the obvious.

She mentions wishing she could do what I'm doing... and to think, months back when she joined the Navy, I was wishing I had the courage to do something like she was; To abandon all and become one with everyone else in the Navy, yet discover yourself in new way.

(Her writing quality and abilities surpass mine... and make my blogging appear drab. Just a warning! Lol.)

Now on to the second friend. K, who is an old friend from Charleston, may very well seem like she has most everything she could want in life. She and her boyfriend have been together for some (3ish??) years now and currently live in a stylish apartment in a great area of South Carolina. They both have steady employment, although she has confessed that her current job may not be the most satisfying. She also has the love and affection of two adorable pups. K has: the energy and strength to run marathons, gorgeous exotic features, and a photography hobby that is better than some professionals. Yet today I found out that she and her boyfriend are planning a move to Colorado. Nearer her homestate of Cali, yet miles from her current location. She’s been job and apartment searching and her boyfriend is currently interviewing for a promising job. I think to myslef that I would love to do what she is doing. Start fresh. A new city, a new job, new climate, etc. Yes, there may infact be some of those things in the works for me now, yet my excitement for Connecticut is barely above a heartbeat. If only my man worked in a nice, warm, more inviting area. That would make the idea of these new things a little less daunting.

Thanks Lacey. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous March 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

See ... you have a great life!!! I'm glad you two are planning to move to Denver. Closer to us ... only three states away! I hope it works out! xoxo

Anonymous March 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Flights are so much cheaper from Denver to home!!! I'm excited.