Anxious..

Ever since I found out that I got the job I wanted, and that we were offically moving, the days are dragging by. I can't say I was super happy at work in the first place, due to a myriad of reasons, but this has increased it tenfold. The days drag by. They nights even more so. I'm ready to move. I'm ready to get settled in a new place, and make some new friends. There are a handful of people here that I'll miss, but they're also people I know I'll see again. That's the great thing about friends like that. You don't ever really worry about saying good bye, because the phone calls and emails don't stop. I will miss guitar nights with Brian, and fishing with Gary. No question about that. I'm really hoping that Brian can make a trip out and see Colorado.


I'm also hoping that everything works out as advertised. As it stands, I'm supposed to start June 14th or so. We have it planned to move June 1st, drive, and get settled by June 4th/5th. That would give me 10 days to explore, unpack, grocery shop, get my uniforms, and figure the area out.

There is a small chance K may get a job that starts earlier than my date. We had agreed that we would move early, if it meant she got the job she wanted. I can handle a month off. I'm sure I could get Denver Health to let me do some admin stuff around the office until my orientation starts. Hopefully she gets the job she wants, because I know it'll make her even more excited about moving.

Currently I have a list of things I need/want to buy for the mountain life. I'll be the first to tell you that they're damn expensive. Between GPS for hiking, winter clothes, skis and some other stuff, it's going to add it. I really believe it will be worth it in the end. The idea of having a day off, taking the dogs, hiking up the mountains not 30 minutes from the house to a lake I can fish in, and the dogs can swim, just sounds incredible.

More than anything though, I can't wait for the first fall snow.. :)

0 comments: